Chop Suey with Pork
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced bok choy
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Trim fat from pork, cut into 1 inch pieces. Combine flour and pork in a resealable bag, seal and shake well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add pork, cook 3 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in pan. Add bok choy, celery, red pepper, mushrooms, water chestnuts and garlic; stir fry for 3 minutes. In a bowl combine chicken broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, sherry and ginger. Stir well with a whisk. Combine pork and broth mixture in skillet, cook 1 minute or until thick.